Child Abuse Prevention Month
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month! It is during this month that we remember why prevention matters and why we do what we do at child advocacy centers.
You can play a role, too! And not just this month, but all year long! Here's a great list of tips that have a positive impact on the development and well-being of children, families, and communities.
This month also brings lots of excitement to local child advocacy centers across the state who are busy raising awareness and building community in the name of healthy childhoods.
Check out these events happening this month! If you have any events to add, let us know!
- Kids First Child Advocacy Center in Lenoir City will have a ceremony for their pinwheel garden on April 8th. The Roane County Sheriff, Jack Stockton, will be speaking and other local officials will be in attendance. They are also excited to have a PSA about child abuse prevention playing at a local movie theater reaching over 20,000 people during the month of April!
- Coffee County Child Advocacy Center is having their annual fundraiser, Everyday Heroes: Party with a Purpose, on April 8th. The event will feature silent & live auctions, dinner, and live music from the band, Escape.
- Nashville Children's Alliance is hosting their annual 5K Walk at Centennial Park on April 9th. Bring your furry friends because this is a pet friendly event!
- Memphis Child Advocacy Center is hosting their annual Children's Memorial Flagraising on April 13th at Civic Center Plaza in front of City Hall. Speakers include Mayor Luttrell, Mayor Strickland, CAC director Virginia Stallworth, Dr. Kitty Lawson from Victims to Victory, and others. Music will also be provided by the Memphis Police Peacemakers.
- The Child Advocacy Center of Rutherford County will celebrate Child Abuse Awareness Month with the "Hometown Heroes Walk for Children" on Friday, April 29th at the Murfreesboro Civic Plaza, downtown on the square. Registration will begin at 12pm, speakers at 12:45pm, and the walk will begin at 1pm. The event will conclude with a reception at the CAC, located at 1040 Samsonite Blvd. To become a "Hometown Hero" by sponsoring the event or participating in the walk, contact the CAC at 615-867-9000 or email email@example.com.